The Homeless Coalition of Dallas currently distributes food to poverty stricken areas around the Dallas and Carrollton area.
- Distribute Bread, Food and Vegetables every Saturday in Carrollton
- Distribute Bread, Food and Clothing every 2nd Saturday in South Dallas near Grand/Meadow
- Distribute Food and Clothing every 3nd Saturday in South Dallas near Beaumont/Ervay
- Distribute Bread, Food and Clothing every 4th Saturday in South Oak Cliff near Gould/Martin Luther KIng
- Bread Distribution program (Organizations can qualify to pick up bread to distribute in their communities)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF OUR PROGRAM
Our organization is designed to feed the Homeless and help under privileged families. We live by the standard that everyone deserves to eat and to eat on a regular basis. Transition can mean a complete change of direction or focus, moving from one phase to another. Either way, transition has its own unique challenges that must be identified and addressed if we are to successfully follow God’s plan for our lives. Re-entering into Society is often very difficult and people tend to need a helping Hand-Up and that is what the
HOMELESS COALITION OF DALLAS DOES, we give a “HandUp”.
MEETING THE NEEDS OF THE HOMELESS
In the Dallas area alone, About 80,000 families - typically a single woman with young children - are homeless on any given night, according to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Experts say the numbers are probably much higher than the current estimates because homeless families are less noticeable than what people usually see on their streets. Keeping this in mind, our program is designed to meet the need of the Homeless by providing, food, shelter, clothing and toiletries; all the basic needs that are not currently being met.